The QPHS Board of Overseers
The Queen of Peace Board of Overseers is a supervisory board. It oversees the performance of the High School in all aspects of School life, including: academics, athletics, finances, development, and religious. Board members, who are drawn from a variety of professional backgrounds, serve three year terms and are eligible for renewal for up to six years thereafter. The Principal reports to the Board of Overseers on the status of the High School at each monthly Board meeting.
The Board Chairman, Vice Chairman, and Secretary are elected for one year renewable terms at the Board’s annual reorganization meeting in June. The Board Chairman appoints the chairpersons of the standing committees: Executive Committee, Academic Committee, Finance Committee, Development Committee, and Nominating Committee. The Pastor/President, the Principal and President of the Home School serve as voting ex-officio members of the Board. From time to time, the Chairman may appoint non-Board members to committees or ad hoc committees in a non-voting capacity when circumstances warrant.
The Board of Overseers makes a special effort to represent all stakeholders in the QPHS community. It takes its stewardship of the High School very seriously and is committed to upholding the financial strength, academic excellence, and Catholic heritage of the institution.
The Board of Overseers is comprised of the following members:
- Pastor/President: Fr. Michael Donovan
- Chair: Christopher Mehlfelder, Aux ’03
- Vice Chair: Dr. Mary E. Norton, DM
- Secretary: WandaMarie Davis
- Assistant Secretary: Sister Anita O’Dwyer, SSJ
- Michael S. Carucci, Esq. ’01
- Rev. Salvatore DiStefano, Ed.D., Ch.D
- Kathleen A. Donovan, Esq. ’70
- Anthony J. Gagliardi, MD, KM
- Walter Klein, MD, KM., Chair, Nominating Committee
- Ellen Naughton, Principal, QP Grammar School
- Cheryl Riley, President, Home School Association
- John Spinello, K.M.
- John Tonero, Principal, QP High School
- George F. Wallace, DPM ’72
- Rev. Robert Wolfee ’74
- Richard J. Wolff, PhD., K.J.